BECE 146 Indian Economy II Solved Assignment 2023-24
BECE-146: Indian Economy II
Programme Code: BAECH
Course Code: BECE-146
Assignment Code: BECE-141/AST/TMA/2023-24
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer all the questions
Long Answer Questions
1) What is meant by ‘regionalism’? In this context, distinguish between bilateralism and multilateralism.
Regionalism refers to the pursuit of cooperation and integration among a group of countries within a specific geographic region. It involves the establishment of regional organizations, agreements, and frameworks to promote collaboration, address shared challenges, and enhance economic, political, and social integration. Regionalism recognizes the importance of regional identities, interests, and proximity in shaping cooperative efforts among nations.
Bilateralism, on the other hand, refers to the practice of conducting relations and negotiations between two countries. It involves direct interaction and agreements between two nation-states on various issues of mutual interest, such as trade, security, or cultural exchanges. Bilateralism focuses on the specific relationship between two countries, often aiming to promote their individual interests and address specific concerns.
Multilateralism, in contrast, involves the participation and cooperation of multiple countries in addressing global or regional issues. It refers to the practice of engaging multiple actors in negotiations, agreements, and decision-making processes. Multilateralism recognizes that many global challenges, such as climate change, terrorism, or trade, cannot be effectively addressed by individual nations acting alone. It emphasizes collective action, shared responsibilities, and inclusive decision-making.
While both bilateralism and multilateralism are forms of international cooperation, they differ in their scope, participants, and objectives. Bilateralism is more focused on the specific interests and relationships between two countries, whereas multilateralism aims for broader collaboration and coordination among multiple countries. Multilateralism provides a platform for countries to engage in discussions, negotiations, and decision-making on a wider range of issues, promoting a more inclusive and comprehensive approach to problem-solving.
Regionalism can be seen as an intermediate concept that encompasses both bilateralism and multilateralism within a specific regional context. Regional organizations, such as the European Union, ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), or Mercosur (Southern Common Market), represent examples of regionalism. These organizations facilitate cooperation and integration among countries in a particular region through the establishment of common rules, institutions, and frameworks. Regionalism combines elements of both bilateral and multilateral approaches, as it involves cooperation among multiple countries within a specific geographic area.
Regionalism can provide various benefits to participating countries. It can foster economic integration by promoting regional trade, investment, and the movement of goods and services. It can also contribute to political stability, conflict resolution, and security cooperation among neighboring nations. Additionally, regionalism can facilitate cultural exchanges, enhance social ties, and promote regional identity and solidarity.
However, regionalism can also face challenges and limitations. Disparities in economic development, political systems, or cultural differences among member countries can hinder effective cooperation. Divergent national interests or historical conflicts may complicate decision-making and compromise the effectiveness of regional initiatives. Moreover, regionalism can potentially lead to exclusionary blocs or trade barriers that may undermine global cooperation and multilateral approaches.
In summary, regionalism refers to the pursuit of cooperation and integration among countries within a specific geographic region. It is characterized by the establishment of regional organizations and agreements. Bilateralism involves direct interaction and agreements between two countries, focusing on their specific relationship. Multilateralism, on the other hand, involves the participation and cooperation of multiple countries to address global or regional challenges. Regionalism encompasses elements of both bilateralism and multilateralism within a regional context, promoting cooperation and integration among neighboring nations.
2) Compare the growth profile of the Services Sector with that of Agricultural and Industrial Sectors in India over the period 2013-2019.
Medium Answer Questions
3) Discuss the concepts of ‘convertibility’ and ‘deficit of accounts’.
4) Write a note on the ‘Concepts of Productivity’.
5) Do you think that the approach of Crop Insurance and Contract Farming are helpful for small farmers in Indian agriculture? Explain.
Short Answer Questions
6) Differentiate between:
(a) FDI and FII.
(b) Organised Sector and Unorganised Sector.
(c) Goods Markets and Factor Markets.
7) Write short notes on the following.
(a) Diversification of Agriculture.
(b) De Minimus.
(c) Competition Commission of India.
IGNOU Assignment Status 2023-24
Before attempting the questions please read the following instructions carefully.
1. Read the detailed instructions about the assignment given in the Programme Guide for Elective Courses.
2. Write your Enrolment Number, Name, Full Address and Date on the top right corner of the first page of your response sheet(s).
3. Write the Course Title, Assignment Number and the Name of the Study Centre you are attached to in the centre of the first page of your response sheet(s).
How to submit IGNOU Solved Assignments?
g IGNOU Solved Assignments is an important step in the evaluation process. The university provides clear guidelines on the submission procedure, including the submission dates and modes. Here are the general steps to submit IGNOU Solved Assignments:
- Prepare the assignments: Solve the assignment questions as per the guidelines provided by the university.
- Write your details: Include your personal details, such as name, enrollment number, and course details, on the assignment sheets.
- Follow the format: Adhere to the specified format for writing the assignments, including margins, spacing, and word limits.
- Attach supporting documents: If required, attach relevant documents, references, or calculations along with the solved assignments.
- Submit by the deadline: Ensure that you submit the assignments within the given deadline. Late submissions may lead to penalties.
- Choose the submission mode: Submit the assignments either online through the university’s portal or offline at the designated study centers.